Chicken Biryani (For 8 People)
- White rice - 1 ½ pounds
- Salt – 1 ½ tea spoons
- Curd – 3 ounce
- Water – 16 – 24 ounce
- Cumin seeds – 3 tea spoons
- Cloves – 8
- Cinnamon – a piece around 2 inches
- Wild mangos teen – 1 teaspoon dissolved in water
- Chicken or Mutton – 1 pound
- Onion – 4 ounce
- Garlic – 4-6 pieces
- Ginger – a piece around 1 inch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Cardamom – 6-8
- Oil – 3-4 ounce
- Wash rice properly. Cook the rice for 15 minutes.
- Cut the meat in to 1 ½’ inch pieces and put them in curd and cook for 20 minutes.
- Grind the onion and all the other ingredients except cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Put the oil in to a pan and boil, then add onion pieces and fry them until it becomes golden brownish color. Add chicken pieces and other ingredients and fry them until it becomes brownish color.
- Add the rice to the mixture (water should be drained from rice) and fry for 2 minutes. Add hot water to the rice and cook until the rice is properly cooked.
- When the rice is about to be finish cooking add wild mangos teen 1 tea spoon inside the rice and further cook it with small amount of fire for 4 minutes.